California Audio Show 2011

Latest news and announcements from Neko Audio.

California Audio Show 2011

Postby NekoAudio on Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:08 am

The hottest new U.S. audio show is back again for its second year! The California Audio Show in Burlingame, CA is going to rock this July 15-17 at the Crowne Plaza hotel. :D

We'll be in room 308 with Chapman Audio Systems. Bring your favorite CD and check out our rocking room!
Wes Miaw, Neko Audio LLC
NekoAudio
Site Admin

Re: California Audio Show 2011

Postby NekoAudio on Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:04 am

This year's California Audio Show was excellent! Thanks to Constantine for putting together such a great show! It was relaxed yet full of energy and excitement. Lots of people checking out lots of interesting gear. :D Thanks everyone who stopped by!

Stuart and Jessie of Chapman Audio Systems are wonderful people who were a real pleasure to work with. We paired their T-7 Anniversary Edition and T-8 speakers with the D100 Mk2 as well as Cary and Parasound gear. Cables were by MIT and Acoustic Sciences provided room treatments. The result was one amazing sound!

IMAG0003.jpg
Our gear setup with Christina. ^_^
IMAG0003.jpg (45.28 KiB) Viewed 49877 times

IMAG0005.jpg
MacBook or Cary 306 feeding the D100 Mk2 into the Cary SLP-05 pre-amp.
IMAG0005.jpg (51.04 KiB) Viewed 49877 times

IMAG0008.jpg
Chapman's Jessie Jones standing next to the T-8 speakers, powered by Parasound's JC1 monoblocks.
IMAG0008.jpg (40.1 KiB) Viewed 49877 times
Wes Miaw, Neko Audio LLC
NekoAudio
Site Admin

Re: California Audio Show 2011

Postby NekoAudio on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:51 pm

Here are some links to coverage of our room.
We listened to Tobin’s “One Last Look,” and the sound was surprisingly relaxed, full-bodied, and appropriately compelling and fun, with impressive bass extension.

Stereophile - Smooth and Forgiving: Neko Audio, Chapman Audio Systems, Cary Audio, Parasound, MIT Cables

The mids and highs were rendered with such weight and clarity...detail retrieval at its purest, and gives the impression that there is nothing in between the digital section and your ears. A remarkable achievement.

Enjoy the Music - California Audio Show 2011 (CAS) By dagogo Report By Clarke Robinson (scroll down)

There would be no fence-sitting with this rig; it was a romantic, warm sounding system which would appeal to those who appreciate a weightier sound.

Dagogo - 2nd CAS Coverage, Part IV by Doug Schroeder

...David Abramson gave it high marks for being tonally balanced giving it his fullest recommendation...the sound was just that, tonally balanced, and involving.

StereoTimes - CAS 2011 Commentary by Thomas Turner

I had the Neko room guy play my CD without using the DAC. Just the first track. Then he hooked up the DAC to the CD player and played the CD first track again. Tune easily sounded much better played through the DAC.

Charles Calkins - Re: Neko Audio D100 MkII review

I have to say my 10 minute visit in the Neko room gave me some of the same tingly feelings I get with vinyl. I probably had 20 rooms to notice the inadequacy of most of the digital front ends....but, the Neko Audio room was decidedly different and better sounding.

TheChairGuy - Re: Neko Audio D100 MkII review
Wes Miaw, Neko Audio LLC
NekoAudio
Site Admin

Return to News & Announcements