U.S. Loaner Program (Round 3)

General discussion of the D100 24-bit Stereo DAC.

Re: U.S. Loaner Program (Round 3)

Postby NekoAudio on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:52 pm

mca, just sent you an email and PM. Please let me know if you have any problem receiving it.

For anyone else that I currently marked as postponed on the list, if you never received an email from me please get in touch with me. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.
Wes Miaw, Neko Audio LLC
NekoAudio
Site Admin

Postby NekoAudio on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:08 pm

tony22's review is up at AudioCircle. :)
Wes Miaw, Neko Audio LLC
NekoAudio
Site Admin

Postby obiwan on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:09 pm

Hi Wes,

Kindly include me in the list.

Thanks,
ruben
obiwan

Postby NekoAudio on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:52 am

Please make sure to check your email spam folders in case an email from me may have been filtered as spam. Thank you.
Wes Miaw, Neko Audio LLC
NekoAudio
Site Admin

Postby NekoAudio on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:13 pm

shellyh's review is up at Head-Fi and she gives it 4.5/5 stars! Thanks, Shelly!
The things that stood out to me about the Neko was its beautiful midrange, natural tone, very smooth vocals, and a really damn fun punchy (but not too bloomy) bass!!!
Wes Miaw, Neko Audio LLC
NekoAudio
Site Admin

Postby obiwan on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:30 pm

Even though I had the Neko for a couple of weeks. I only had a few hours to actually listen to it due to my busy schedule. From the limited time I had the D100, my impressions are pretty much the same as what many loaners have mentioned here - it does nothing wrong. What I liked about the Neko most, is how male vocals sound really natural , and its uncanny ability of letting the performer's emotions reach the listener's ear. It had both warmth and body ,- never sound thin or dry. A friend who had listened to it as well said this much....

"...Speaking of easy to listen to, the Neko is a really good DAC! The upper midrange in particular is very burnished and seductive, almost SET like, the sound is clear with good detail retrieval and full, weighty imaging as I like, nice texture. At first I was kind of stunned but after more careful listening I think it is ultimately... I don't want to say colored, but less refined or complex in terms of tone and timbre than the Havana (modded) and not as much micro detail, micro dynamics, and acoustic bass definition, and not as realistic in terms of front to back layering and scale. For instance with orchestra, brass and woodwinds in the back of the stage appear more forward and pronounced than they should. I think the EnjoyTheMusic.com review had it right about "shortchanging" the harmonics in comparison to the Havana, but overall it is the best I've heard in its price range. I would pick it over the Calyx, Bel Canto DAC2.5/DAC3, and stock Havana, but that is me and my taste. Certainly other DACs can beat it in some ways, but the Neko has got it where it counts in my book. "

All in all we both liked the Neko
obiwan

Previous

Return to D100